Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Twitter isn't just for those techie types anymore...

Interesting post on major news being broken on Twitter lately.

http://mashable.com/2009/08/18/mainstream-news-twitter/

I'll admit I hesitate to put upcoming stories on Twitter before they're published, to avoid being picked up by local competition. But, I've been doing it more and more. If the story's done, it's done.

Plus, the author of this post has a good point, Twitter has a broader reach than my small capital city paper does on a good day. Even if I don't have thousands of followers, my followers have followers and news spreads quickly that way. It's like a game of telephone, or high school.

I'm a newspaper girl through and through, but Twitter is a useful tool for journalists and we'll be having an SPJ session to discuss that very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment